Spaghetti with Clams
Ingredients (serves 4):
• 1 kg clams, washed thoroughly to eliminate any traces of sand
• 350 g spaghetti
• basil leaves, ripped
• 100 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
• 2 dried red chilli peppers, crushed
• 1/2 glass of dry white wine
Lightly sautè the garlic and chillies in olive oil then add the clams and wine and cover with a lid.
When the clams have opened up, add the ‘al dente’ spaghetti cooked in abundant salted water, the
cherry tomatoes and the basil and toss. Serve immediately.